Chivas Brothers started with the opening of a grocery store at 13 King St, Aberdeen, back in 1801. The store sold luxury foodstuffs such as coffee, exotic spices, French brandies and Caribbean rums to a wealthy customers. In 1842, Chivas Brothers was retained to supply provisions to the royal family at Balmoral Castle upon Queen Victoria’s first visit to Scotland. In 1843 Chivas Brothers was granted a Royal Warrant to supply goods to Queen Victoria. The May 8, 1890 edition of Scotland Magazine described Chivas Brothers as “undoubtedly the finest purveying business in the north of Scotland”. Chivas Brothers was purchased by Seagrams in 1949 and is currently part of Diageo.
There are no reviews yet.