The Caperdonich distillery was founded in 1898 by J & J Grant, owners of Glen Grant. Caperdonich was originally known as Glen Grant #2. After just 4 years Glen Grant #2 was closed and it took till 1965 before new owner Glenlivet re-opened, and re-built the distillery. Due to UK legislation which prohibited two distilleries operating under the same name Glen Grant #2 was renamed Caperdonich. After several transfers of ownership Caperdonich felt silent in 2002; the distillery was demolished in 2010.