The Booth family, originally from Northern England, moved to London in 1569 to establishe themselves as wine traders. In 1740 they started distilling in their new distillery located in 55 Cowcross Street, Clerkenwell. It is this year which is on Booth’s labels eversince making them the oldest Gin producer still in excistence. The Royal Arms where granted in 1833 by King William IV and from that moment onwards their Gin was sold as ‘King of Gins’. The Last male Booth family member died in 1926 after which Booth’s became a Limited Company. In 1937 they joined Distiller’s Company Ltd which is nowadays known as Diageo.